100 Years Ago
W.C. Cundell, manager of Kootenai Valley Produce, has announced that his company has purchased a carload of cane sugar, which will arrive this week. There are about 440 sacks of sugar and 225 sacks have already been purchased.
Dr. Howard A. White, veterinary surgeon, had definitely decided to locate in this district and will open offices across from the post office in the rear of Simond’s Drug Store. Dr. White is the brother of Frank B. White of Reid’s Dept. Store.
F.A. Shultis, chairman of the Victory Loan Drive, announced that only $30,000 of the county’s quota of $80,000 has been subscribed. The committee plans an intensive push this week to sell more and will be going door to door in an effort to meet the goal. The drive ends Saturday, May 10th.
50 Years Ago
Dr. Frederick W. Durose ended his long medical career when he retired on April 30. He moved to BF in 1920 and finished high school here in 1922. He graduated from U of O in 1933 with a medical degree. He and his wife, Nelda, are planning a trip to Europe.
Attorneys Peter B. Wilson and Neil Walter have purchased the K.V. Creamery building. They plan to do some remodeling and move their law offices. A new Sears Sales Catalog Store occupies a portion of the building and it is planned that the Leroy Kelson Agency and Davidson-Runyon Construction office will also be in the building.
Members of Mrs. Pedey’s class will perform a piano recital next Sunday.
15 Years Ago
A new parking ordinance is expected to increase access to street parking downtown. The Bonners Ferry City Council adopted a new three hour limit on parking along downtown streets. By encouraging people who work downtown to park in other locations, the council hopes to create more spaces on the street for patrons of the downtown businesses.
Seventy-five area residents packed into the Chic-n-Chop banquet room to hear 12 candidates for state and county offices speak on a variety of issues at a political forum.
Grand opening for “The Plaza with Purpose.”
— Submitted by the Boundary County Museum