Course Description: This course provides a brief overview of biological incidents that have occurred; biological agents that are naturally occurring, could be accidentally released, or could be used deliberately; the typical course of disease and how that may vary in a deliberate incident; an overview of biological agents as terrorist weapons; and methods of protection from biological agents (with an emphasis on protection using methods and equipment readily available to emergency responders and the general public). This course can be considered an introductory course to Emergency Response to Domestic Biological Incidents (PER-220).
The target audience is public health officials, emergency responders (police, fire, emergency management, and emergency medical services personnel and planners), and personnel from governmental agencies who may become involved in a biological incident. There are no prerequisites for this class.
Course Information Date: March 21, 2019 Time: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Course Length: 8 hours Location: National Guard Armory, 6566 Main St., Bonners Ferry, ID 83805
Details: Training will begin promptly on time.
• To enroll, log on to https://www.idahoprepares.com/. If you don’t have an account you must obtain a FEMA Student ID# at
• Please bring your FEMA SID# to class.
For registration assistance, contact Idaho Office of Emergency Management, Training Specialist, Natalie Lahti at 208-422-3417 or email@example.com.
Course Tuition and Travel Costs
• There is no cost for this training
• This class is DHS/FEMA grant eligible.
• Local responder agencies should contact their respective County/Tribal Emergency Manager. State agencies should contact IOEM Training.
Course Completion Participants, who actively participate, attend the entire course and successfully complete the course will receive a Certificate of Completion.