Dear People of Idaho!
Hello! I am a third-grade student in Northern Virginia. Our class is learning about the United States, and I will be teaching our school all about the state of Idaho. In the month of May, I will create a display for our State Fair that showcases the unique story of Idaho. I need your help!
Although I have gathered facts about your state from books and websites, I think that I can receive the best information from the people who live there. This is why I am writing to you. I am hoping that you would be willing to send me some items to help me learn more about the best things in your state. I am most interested in the history, traditions and culture that make your state unique. You might consider sending things like postcards, photographs, souvenirs, this newspaper article or other unique items that I can learn from.
Some questions to consider are:
• Why do you live in Idaho?
• What first brought your family there?
• What do you like most about Idaho?
• What is your job?
• What does Idaho look, feel, and/or sound like?
• What do people do for fun?
• What animals live in Idaho?
• What traditional food and/or recipes does Idaho have?
• What attractions are in Idaho?
I will need to gather all of my information by the first week of May. You can mail items to the address below. I really appreciate your help!
Ms. Lyons’s Class
Send to: The Langley School, 1411 Balls Hill Road McLean, VA 22101