Our tax dollars at work in relief bill?
Here are a few examples of what Congress has slipped into the next $2.2T (trillion) novel coronavirus relief bill. This is why I don’t trust any congressman. This bill is loaded with pork that has, in my opinion, absolutely nothing to do with helping we the people, but everything to do with congressmen’s reelection.
• Animal & plant inspection service — $120 million.
• Federal prison system — $100 million.
• NOAA — $80 million.
• Federal Building Fund — $275 million.
• US Forest Service — $70 million.
• Smithsonian — $8 million.
• JFK Center for Performing Arts — $25 million.
• National Endowment for the Humanities — $75 million.
• Railroad Retirement Board — $5 million.
• Architect of the Capitol — $25 million.
• Peace Corps — $88 million.
Our tax dollars at work, huh? And I’d bet not one congressman has read this seems-soon-to-be-law bill. But what the heck, let’s reelect them all. It’s just tax dollars.
God bless America, and God bless our military.