Idaho Humanities Council Announces SHARP Grants
The Idaho Humanities Council has received funding from the National Endowment for the Humanities as part of the American Rescue Plan. The primary purpose of this funding is to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from the coronavirus. The funding is also meant to assist Idaho's humanities based organizations restore and sustain their core functions.
The funding is for grants to eligible Idaho humanities organizations (defined below). These funds may be used for the organization’s general operating support for public humanities programming as well as the development of specific humanities programming.
- Be a recognized 501(c)(3) by the Internal Revenue Service, educational institution, or local, state, or tribal government. For profit organizations are not eligible.
- Have a mission that is grounded in the humanities and/or offer publicly accessible humanities programs serving Idahoans
- Maintain a primary business address in Idaho
- Have a current Data Universal Number System number
- Visit to https://www.grants.gov/applicants/organization-registration/step-1-obtain-duns-number.html to get a DUN number.
The SHARP funds will be distributed to eligible organizations only. The final amount of general operating awards will be based on the organization’s annual operating budget and will depend on how many applications are received.
More information including the application form and guidelines will be released soon.
For more information, please contact Doug Exton at email@example.com.